Front Counter Services
Motor Vehicle Collisions
If you are involved in a collision where there are no injuries and the vehicles are drivable, the Burnaby RCMP encourages the drivers to pull off the roadway and exchange the following information:
- Drivers license (DL) number, always compare the picture on the DL with the driver;
- Plate number and vehicle identification number off the vehicle;
- Current address and telephone numbers;
- Insurance information which includes the policy number;
- Date, time, and location of collision; and
- Any witness information
You can report the collision (if you exchanged information) and hit and runs without a suspect directly to the Insurance Corporation of BC at 604-520-8222 or by filling out an online report.
If there is evidence such as debris or paint left at the scene of a hit and run or there is video surveillance please call 604-646-9999 to make a report. If there is no evidence at the scene but you have information (make/model/licence plate) of the suspect vehicle, the driver can report the incident by calling 604-646-9999 or by attending the front counter in person. If the vehicle is drivable please bring it to the detachment when you make your report in person.
- Date modified: