Front Counter Services
Table of Contents
The Burnaby RCMP front counter is staffed by the City of Burnaby municipal employees. While our staff members speak many languages, please be aware that services in languages other than English are not always available immediately.
Anyone in Burnaby can report a crime by attending the main detachment in person or by calling the non-emergency line at 604-646-9999.
Some services, such as Canadian Police Certificates and Certified Criminal Record Checks, fingerprinting, and Police Information Checks have associated administration and processing fees and require specific types of ID. Please take note of the associated fees, accepted payment methods, and required ID before visiting the detachment or booking an appointment.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Access to Information and Privacy Branch (ATIP) provides formal responses to access to information requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. These requests are not processed at the front counter.
Accepted forms of ID
Two pieces of acceptable ID (one of which must be Canadian Government issued photo ID) are required for all services provided at Front Counter and at Community Policing Offices. For ID to be considered acceptable, it must have the person's legal name, date of birth and it cannot be expired.
Please note, the new BC Services Card combines the BC Driver’s Licence and Care Card. This Services Card is considered one form of ID. Two pieces of accepted ID, one of which must be a photo ID, is required for all services provided at the front counter.
Examples of ID
Must have a Picture and be issued by a Canadian Government or agency. It must include the name and date of birth of the person. In instances where the full legal name is too long to be printed on the ID, then it must include the entire legal first and last name. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- BC Driver’s Licence (BCDL)
- BC Services Card
- Combined BCDL and BC Services Card (only considered 1 piece of ID)
- Canadian Passport
- Permanent Resident Card
- Citizenship Card (only if issued in the last 10 years)
- Native Status Card
- Firearms licence
- Other Provincial ID Cards / Medical Cards
- Canadian Military or Police ID
- Interim Federal Health Program ID
Can be non-picture ID. But must have the same name and date of birth as on the Primary ID. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- MSP Care Card (No longer issued)
- BC Services Card (if it has no picture)
- Canadian Visitor Visa/Work Permit (only if affixed to a foreign passport)
- Immigration documents (IMM 1000, Certificate of PR Status, etc.)
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate (new style only, which has the person's full name and date of birth on the back)
- Canadian Citizenship Card (if issued more than 10 years ago)
- Foreign passports
- Birth certificate (issued by Canadian Province)
Burnaby RCMP Detachment
6355 Deer Lake Avenue
See Burnaby RCMP location on Google Maps
Hours of operation
Monday-Sunday from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm. The front counter is open all statutory holidays.
- Date modified: