The Ridge Meadows Victim Services program provides support, information and referrals to citizens who are victims of crime or trauma in Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows. Victim Services staff and volunteers strive to lessen the long term impact of crime and trauma. Services are tailored to meet the individual needs of each client, with an ultimate goal of ensuring that the client is connected with appropriate resources in the community and enhancing the client’s understanding of police and court procedures.
Referrals to Ridge Meadows RCMP Victim Services are typically made by the attending officer. However, individuals can self-refer by contacting the Victim Services program directly.
- crisis intervention
- ongoing support, guidance and follow up
- group debriefing
- status of the police investigation
- general information about the criminal justice system
- case-specific court updates
- counselling services
- community agencies for advocacy or specialized support
- other police or victim services agencies
- crime prevention programs
- agencies for legal assistance with civil matters
- safety planning
- liaising with Police and Crown Counsel
- court orientation and accompaniment
- assistance with the completion of Victim Impact Statements
- assistance with the completion of Crime Victim Assistance Program applications
If you are interested in volunteering with the Ridge Meadows RCMP Victim Services program, please contact the program for information about upcoming volunteer recruitment and training opportunities.
For information about volunteering for Victim Services, for support or for general inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the Victim Services program by telephone at 604-467-7650 or by e-mail at RM_VICTIM_SERVICES@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
- Date modified: