Community Police Offices
The Community Police Office (CPO) program is a partnership between the Coquitlam RCMP and the cities of Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. Each CPO is staffed by a dedicated group of volunteers who support the Coquitlam RCMP in providing information on crime prevention and policing initiatives in their community.
CPO volunteers in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam get hands-on experience in many facets of policing from writing reports, meeting the public, patrolling neigbourhoods and championing new initiatives.
On a daily basis, CPO staff and volunteers are involved in a wide range of important public safety-related activities, including;
- Bike and foot patrols to support crime prevention objectives like reducing auto theft and programs like ICBC's Stolen Auto Recovery (SAR) program.
- Taking non-emergency police reports at CPSs for minor incidents such as lost and found property.
- Attending community events to do outreach and education and deliver public safety programs such as Child ID, in which trained CPS volunteers take children's fingerprints so that parents can include the prints in a package of information that could be used to definitively identify the child should the need arise.
- Spearheading new initiatives to address real public safety issues.
Volunteer with the CPO program
The Coquitlam RCMP CPO program is always interested in hearing from dedicated, enthusiastic citizens who want to get involved in creating safer, healthier more vibrant communities. Interested in becoming a CPO volunteer? You must be:
- At least 16 yrs old.
- Willing and able to pass an RCMP security screening and suitability interview.
- Commit to a minimum one year term.
- Commit to a weekly volunteer shift
- Attend all meetings and training sessions scheduled throughout the year.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident status with a minimum of 5 years living in Canada
For more information on becoming a volunteer with the Coquitlam Community Police Office, you can email: Coquitlam_Volunteer_Recruitment@rcmp-grc.gc.ca; for the Port Coquitlam Community Police Office, email: email@example.com.
- Applicants under 19 yrs old must fill out and submit RCMP form 5272 with their application.
- Request a Volunteer Application form by email.
- Applications can be submitted in person or online to Coquitlam_Volunteer_Recruitment@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
- Please bring a piece of government-issued identification when submitting your application.
- Date modified: