Report a Crime
To report a crime in progress, or for immediate police assistance:
Call 9-1-1. Do not text message 9-1-1.
- The RCMP does not accept reports of crime via email or social media. However, the Online Crime Reporting tool is available to report crimes that meet certain criteria.
- If you live outside Canada, contact your local police service and ask them to make a request for assistance from the appropriate Canadian law enforcement agency.
- suspicious activity or circumstance or less serious nuisance behavior
- or request follow-up information on a report you have previously made (Have your police file number available)
Please call: 250-561-3300
If you experience a wait time of more than a few minutes we ask that you please be patient with us as your call is important to us. We are working to get to your concern as quickly as possible.
We also offer TTY Machine (Hearing Impaired) services and can take TTY calls directly from the public.
To report a crime that has already been committed:
- the Online Crime Reporting tool is available to report crimes that meet certain criteria
- alternatively, contact the Prince George RCMP.
a fraud/scam visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
- online sexual exploitation of children:
- call the Integrated Child Exploitation Team (ICE): (604)598-4569, or
- visit Cybertip.ca
terrorism, criminal extremism or suspicious activities which could pose a threat to national safety and security: 1–800–420–5805 or email: RCMP.NSIN-RISN.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
a death - read the circumstances when natural deaths must be reported to the police
- Date modified: