Service Delivery Model
Our Policing Philosophy
Community policing is rooted in the belief that public safety is a shared responsibility between police and the community. Our community is an active partner in many police services, from crime prevention to investigation. We work with the community to respond to policing needs, and to identify the issues that underlie local crime problems.
Intelligence-led policing acknowledges that research, analysis and evidence-based decision making are critical to effective and efficient policing. Using data and intelligence helps us identify patterns and linkages that assist in solving investigations, and predicting and preventing future crime.
Our ability to integrate police services across jurisdictions enables us to maximize our resources and increases our ability to respond in a more coordinated and timely fashion. The Surrey RCMP benefits from the services of a number of Lower Mainland Integrated Teams including Integrated Police Dog Services, Integrated Forensic Identification Services, Emergency Response Team, Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, and Integrated Collision Analysis Reconstruction Team.
The Surrey RCMP is committed to working with the community to reduce crime using three streams that form the basis of our Service Delivery Model.
Outreach, Education & Prevention
Contributing to the prevention of crime and community problem solving by engaging and supporting communities in the application of various crime prevention practices. These functions seek to address the root causes of crime.
- Basketball Classic
- Block Watch
- Business Engagement & Safety (BEST)
- Car Yankee 30
- Code Blue & Mini Blue Program
- Coffee with Cops
- COSMOS (Online Crime Maps)
- Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Citizen & Youth Police Academy
- Diversity & Indigenous Peoples Unit
- Family Identification Program
- Family & Youth Resource Support Team (FYRST)
- Hi Five Elementary School Engagement
- Lock out Auto-Crime
- Project IRIS CCTV Registry
- Project Lavender
- School Sports Program
- Shattering the Image Anti-Gang Presentation
- Speed Watch Program
- Safe Schools
- Volunteer Program
Intervention & Diversion
Working closely with community and partner agencies to connect people with the services and support they need to prevent them from entering or re-entering the formal justice system. This stream seeks to minimize harm and victimization.
- Cell Block Health Services
- Surrey Intimate Partner Violence Unit
- Car 67
- Parent Helpline
- Restorative Justice Program
- Sophie’s Place
- Police Mental Health Outreach Team
- Victim Services
- Surrey WRAP Program
- Youth Intervention Program
Enforcement & Suppression
Proactive and reactive initiatives to enforce the laws of our country, province, and city to ensure public safety.
- Comp Stat / Crime Reduction
- Crime Analysis
- Hot Spots and Problem Locations
- Inadmissible Patrons Program
- Integrated Policing
- Prolific Offender Management
- Date modified: