Business Watch - Crime Map - March 2019
Business Watch is a partnership between local Burnaby business communities, the City of Burnaby, and the RCMP.
Our goal is to provide tools and resources to help reduce business-related crime. These maps reflect crime trends in the business community. When incidents are reported to police the information is used to deploy resources strategically, identify crime hot spots, and analyze trends and patterns.
The maps are provided as a tool to promote awareness and crime reduction throughout the business communities. Check out the Business Watch website for more information (External link, opens in a new window http://burnaby.ca/businesswatch)
Map of Break and Enters to Businesses and Auto Crimes – March 2019
North Burnaby - Districts One and Two:
Lougheed Highway between Delta Ave and Gilmore Ave
- Theft from Auto (valtags)
Industrial areas off Lougheed Highway
- Theft from Auto (Catalytic Converters)
South Burnaby - Districts Three and Four:
Kingsway Corridor between Patterson and Marlborough
- Theft from Auto
Crime Prevention Tips
- Dial 911 immediately if you notice suspicious strangers loitering in or near your place of business. Take note of people who loiter during the opening and closing times of your business.
- Never block the view into your store with signage, flyers and multiple displays. This will increase natural surveillance if a passerby can see what is going on inside.
- Minimize the amount of cash you keep on the premises. Make regular bank deposits and employees in charge of making bank deposits should always be alert for strangers lingering at the bank.
- Try not to work alone as the presence of more employees may reduce the incidence of criminal activities.
- Date modified: