Vehicle theft prevention tips
2021-11-30 12:31 HNP
Tumbler Ridge RCMP release theft prevention tips after two vehicles are stolen in less than 30 days.
The Tumbler Ridge RCMP noticed a spike in vehicle thefts in the area. Between November 9th, 2021 and November 26th, 2021 there were 2 reported theft of auto files created.
Some of these files may have been prevented if it were not for the following:
- Keys were left in the vehicles;
- Vehicles were left idling unattended while occupants went into businesses or into their homes; and
- Anti-theft device was not used.
The Tumbler Ridge RCMP urges all community members to secure their vehicles when not in use. The following is a check list reminder:
- Never leave your keys in your vehicle;
- Lock doors and close all windows of your vehicle;
- Take valuable with you;
- Use an anti-theft device;
- If able to do so, purchase a remote start to idle your vehicle in a safe manner over the colder months of the year; and
- If idling your vehicle to keep warm, do not leave unattended with keys inside.
If you notice anything that may be suspicious or spot a potential stolen vehicle please contact the Tumbler Ridge RCMP immediately at 250-242-5252 or 911 if it’s in progress.
Alternatively, if you have any knowledge about these incidents you can report the information to the Tumbler Ridge RCMP or if you wish to remain anonymous you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Diffusé par :
Gend. David RibeiroAgent des relations avec les médias
GRC de Tumbler Ridge
Bureau : 250-242-5252
Télécopieur : 250-242-3386
Courriel : email@example.comSuivez-nous :
- Date de modification :