Creston RCMP Weekly Report October 24 – 30, 2022
2022-10-31 14:39 PDT
Creston RCMP received 58 calls for service from October 24th to October 30th. Creston RCMP are continuing to receive multiple reports a week for vehicles failing to stop for school bus. Anyone who fails to stop for a school bus can be issued a fine for $368. Not stopping for a bus also endangers children’s lives. Please stop when a school bus has their red flashing lights on and stop sign out.
- An officer assisted an elderly couple with accessing community services.
- A man reported he was receiving unwanted communications from a former partner.
- A bicycle was stolen after being left in a bike rack unlocked over night.
- Officers were requested to check on an elderly person. The person was found alive and well.
- Officers attended a single vehicle where a van went into the ditch on a straight stretch of road. Officers noticed the lone occupant was impaired and had no driver’s license. The vehicle was impounded and the driver was given a court date.
- A theft occurred at the local library of their weather/air quality monitoring unit was stolen. If anyone has any information regarding this theft please contact the Creston RCMP.
- Received a report of a suspicious package. Officers attended and found a light taped up with odd wires to a battery.
- Officers were called to the hospital parking lot for report of a man driving tripping out on drugs. Officers located the man who was driving and issued him a driving prohibition. The man was taken to hospital to assist him with coming down from his high.
- Officers attended a single vehicle collision on Highway 3. The driver did not have a license and was prohibited from driving. The vehicle was impounded and the driver was arrested.
- Received a report of possible threats being uttered.
- Officers attended the 1400 block of Canyon Street for a heavily intoxicated man with a dog. The man was unable to care for himself or his dog. The man was arrested and the dog was taken to PAWS. The man was released when sober.
- Officers found that a man was breaching his conditions. A warrant is being requested for his arrest.
- Officers located man in a stolen vehicle. The man was arrested and released with a future court date.
- Officers attended a false alarm at a business.
Cst. Brett Urano
Creston RCMP General Duty
- Date modified: