Creston RCMP Weekly Report October 17 - 23, 2022
2022-10-25 15:25 PDT
Creston RCMP had 58 calls for service from October 17, 2022 to October 23, 2022.
- Officers attended a firearms complaint in a rural area.
- A person was defrauded $2000
- A couple showed up having a dispute at the detachment. The woman was heavily intoxicated and was unable to care for herself. Officers arrested her and lodged her into cells for the night.
- A youth was reported missing from his residence. Officers were able to assist in locating the youth and ensured the youth’s safety.
- Received a complaint of past harassment from an on going dispute.
- Creston RCMP received multiple calls from wanted person upset that she is wanted and her photograph was online. An Officer advised her to turn herself. The woman reported that she is not wanted and there is no reason for the police to report her wanted. The officer advised she had an active warrant but she refused to listen or turn herself in and hung up the phone.
- Officers received a report of an impaired driver. Officers located the vehicle and determined the driver was impaired. The driver’s vehicle was impounded and he was issued a driving prohibition.
- Creston RCMP received a report of a fraud where the person’s
sonwas reportedly in trouble with police. The
sonwas not in trouble at all but it was fraudsters. Creston RCMP reminds the public that if police are needing bail money the transactions are always done in person at a court house or a police station.
- Creston RCMP officers were nearly struck by a vehicle on Cook Street. Officers conducted a traffic stop on 16th Ave S and found the driver to be intoxicated. The driver was issued a 90 day driving prohibition and a 30 day vehicle impound.
Cst. Brett Urano
Creston RCMP General Duty
- Date modified: