Creston RCMP weekly report October 4-9
2022-10-12 09:38 PDT
Creston RCMP received 80 calls for service from October 4-9, 2022.
- Creston RCMP received a report of identity theft.
- Officers located an impaired driver and he was issued a 24 hour driving prohibition.
- Officers attended a motorcycle collision. A motorcycle and its rider somehow lost control and went into the ditch on the 3500 Block of Erickson Road. Officers determined the rider was intoxicated and did not have a valid license. Officer issued him a ticket and a 90 day driving prohibition with a 30 day vehicle impound.
- Received a report of a wallet being stolen from an unlocked vehicle. Creston RCMP reminds people to always lock their vehicles at all times even if being away for just a few minutes.
- Officers located an intoxicated woman who was arrested and lodged in cells until sober.
- An officer located a stolen vehicle.
- Officers returned a missing passport.
- Officers attended a drunken assault. One woman was arrested and released with conditions.
- Officers located another intoxicated person who was lodged in cells and released when sober.
- Received a report of a shoplifter who has been identified and charges are being forwarded.
- Officers attended a domestic assault.
- Officers received a report of a fraud.
- Officers located a violation ticket to a poor driver.
- Attended a man having a bad trip on meth. The man was taken to hospital where he was cleared to be taken to cells. The man was later released on the trip was over.
- Officers attended a disturbance and a man was arrested. He was lodged in cells until calm
- Officers attended a report of threats being made by a heavily intoxicated man. Officers located the man and arrested him. He was lodged in cells and issued a violation ticket.
- A prohibited driver was found driving. He was issued a vehicle impound and a court date for his poor choice to drive.
- On the 320 Block of 4th Ave N officers attended an axe attack. A man was attacked by another man with an axe. The suspect fled the area. Officers provided care and the victim was transported to hospital. A suspect has been identified and charges are being forwarded. There is no danger to the public.
- Another theft happened from an unlocked vehicle.
- Attended a man in a mental health crisis. Officers took the man to the hospital where he received treatment.
- A heavily intoxicated man was arrested for being unable to care for himself in the early morning. The man was being belligerent with officers and the public. The man requested he be issued a violation ticket and officers obliged providing him with one. The man was lodged and released when sober.
- In the afternoon another intoxicated man was located and was unable to care for himself. The man was lodged in cells and was released when sober.
- An officer attended a disturbance and found a theft occurred. When the suspect was advised they were under arrest they assaulted the officer. The woman was eventually arrested and taken to cells. The woman was released with conditions.
- A man was yelling and screaming at vehicles. The man was arrested and held until calm.
- Creston RCMP file 22-1129: Officers located Cameron Igini on his outstanding warrant. Igini was released with a new court date. Creston RCMP would like to thank the public for their assistance in locating Igini.
Cst. Brett Urano
Creston RCMP General Duty
- Date modified: