Creston RCMP Weekly Report August 16-21, 2022
2022-08-22 11:15 PDT
Creston RCMP received 93 calls for service from August 16th to August 21st, 2022
- Officers receive a report of an unwanted man at Tim Hortons. The man was told he was no longer welcome at all at the business.
- An officer located a stolen vehicle from Cranbrook driving through Creston. The driver was arrested with issue and was held for court.
- Creston RCMP received a report that a garden hose was turned on by an unknown suspect.
- Creston RCMP attended a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 3 in Yahk.
- Officers arrested a man for breaching his conditions in Family Court. The man was released with charges pending.
- An officer located an unlicensed driver who was operating a vehicle poorly. The vehicle was impounded and the man was issued multiple violation tickets.
- Officers attended multiple mental health calls.
- Officers received a report of a broken window.
- Officers attended a disturbance with a yelling man who was intoxicated but able to care for himself. The man was told to be quiet and did without issue.
- Officers attended a single vehicle collision on Highway 3 near Yahk. A semi truck had crashed into a bridge. Officers allege that the driver was impaired by alcohol. Officers issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and a vehicle impound. The driver stated that he had no idea how he could be intoxicated and that it must have been a mistake.
- An officer stopped a speeding vehicle and determined that driver was impaired by drugs. A vehicle impound was issued and a driving prohibition.
- A woman was arrested for Criminal Harassment. The woman allegedly gave her heart to the victim 7 years ago and had been constantly following him wherever he went. The woman after being arrested realized that she needs to just leave the victim alone or she would be going to jail. The woman was released on multiple conditions.
- Officers attended a bar fight and the investigation is on going.
- Officers attended the 1500 block of Helen Street at the request of Creston Fire. Officers issued the homeowner a violation ticket for having a fire during the current fire ban.
Cst. Brett Urano
Creston RCMP General Duty
- Date modified: