Creston RCMP Report July 25, 2022 to July 28, 2022
2022-07-29 13:38 PDT
Creston RCMP received 55 calls for service from July 25, 2022 to July 28, 2022
July 25, 2022
- Officers attended a collision and one driver was impaired by drugs. A prohibition was issued and violation tickets.
- An intoxicated man was located by an officer causing a disturbance. The man was lodged in cells and release with a violation ticket.
July 26, 2022
- Creston RCMP received report of people possibly drinking in their vehicle and driving. It was later determined to be Root Beer in glass bottles.
- Officers attended the 600 Block of 6th Ave S for a report of a disturbance. Officers located a man who was yelling and swearing at children in the area. The man was arrested and lodged in cells until he was calm and then released.
- Officers attended a dropped 911 call. A couple returning to Calgary were having a mental health crisis. Officers were able to de-escalate situation and help them make a plan to get home safely.
- An officer responded to a breach of conditions. After a thorough investigation it was determine a breach did occur and charges are being forwarded.
- A motorcycle with no plates failed to stop for an officer for a traffic offence.
July 27, 2022
- Officers responded to an assault in Erickson.
- Creston RCMP received a report in Yahk of damage and small thefts happening. There were not any witnesses, just items missing and damaged. Creston RCMP reminds the public to follow a 9pm routine to secure all the their belongings including out buildings, ATV, motorcycles, cars and residences.
- Creston RCMP assisted Cranbrook RCMP with locating two wanted men in Creston. Both were arrested and released with new court dates at the request of Cranbrook RCMP.
- An officer received a report that people were not being nice to a man in 1600 block of Northwest Blvd. The man requested police tell the other people to be nice.
- Officers attended a mental health call with a woman. The officers were able to help the woman get in touch with support networks to assist her with her mental health issues. Creston RCMP would like remind everyone that help is available if you are in crisis and we can assist in directing you to local resources for mental health or substance abuse.
July 28, 2022
- Impaired biker removed from the road - Creston RCMP file 22-2155:
Officers located a motorcycle that did not have any plates on it. A traffic stop was conducted on 1000 block of Northwest Blvd, Creston. The driver did not have the correct license for operating a motorcycle. Officers determined the driver was impaired by alcohol and a 90 day driving prohibition was issued along with multiple tickets. The motorcycle was impounded for 30 days. Creston RCMP would like to remind the public not to drink and drive. Please plan a safe ride home.
Cst. Brett Urano
- Date modified: