Weekly report - June 29, 2022 to July 4, 2022
2022-07-05 07:46 PDT
Creston RCMP had 80 calls for service from June 29, 2022 to July 4, 2022
- A lost elderly man attended the detachment and could not remember where he parked his car. Creston RCMP’s Victim Services worker located the vehicle and advised officers. Officers assisted the male to his vehicle and returned him home.
- Officers attended a family disturbance. A woman was very intoxicated and causing issues, she was arrested. Officers held her in cells until she was sober and released.
- Received a report of a fraud where the suspect altered a cheque. A suspect has been identified and the investigation is on going.
July 1, 2022
- Officers conducted a Mental Health check on a local person at the request of his family.
- Received a report of a suspicious vehicle with no plates illegally parked. Members attended and found the vehicle had no insurance and was removed from the road at the registered owner’s expense.
- File 22-1798 - Creston man arrested for allegedly threatening police and breaching his conditions.
- Officers were called to a disturbance where a man and a woman were arguing. When officers attended they immediately recognized the pair as having conditions to not contact each other from their previous police interactions. Officers arrested Dustin Robert and the woman, who was later released without charge. The investigation determined that Robert allegedly showed up at the woman’s residence who he is to not have contact with. Robert, while being arrested, allegedly advised an officer that he was going to come to the officer’s residence and assault him. Officers lodged Robert in cells and held him for court. Robert was remanded in custody by the courts.
- Creston RCMP responded to a suicidal man who was now missing. The man was located and taken to hospital where he was admitted for his mental health issues.
- Officers responded to an assault where an older man was assaulted by a group of youth. The investigation is ongoing.
- Officers assisted Creston By-laws with keeping the peace while they removed a dangerous dog from a residence. Once of the owners was arrested for causing a disturbance at a neighbouring residence then released with conditions.
- Creston RCMP received a report of a missing mental health patient from the hospital. Officer located the man and returned to the hospital.
- Received a report of a stolen side-by-side in Yahk. The investigation is ongoing.
- Officers attended a reported homicide that was later determined to be a mental health call. A woman reported she killed her husband but was actually having a mental health crisis. The woman was taken to the hospital.
Cst. Brett Urano
- Date modified: