1 youth deceased in motor vehicle incident near Golden
2022-06-25 17:44 PDT
File # 2022-1540
A 16-year-old youth died in a fatal motor vehicle incident south of Golden, BC, early this morning.
The incident occurred at approximately 3:30 a.m. this morning, following a grad party in Parson, BC. The Golden-Field RCMP is still investigating the event in partnership with the BC Coroner's Service.
"All loss of life is tragic, but it is exponentially so when it involves the death of a young person" says Cst. Kat Robinson, Media Relations Officer with the Golden-Field RCMP. "The Golden RCMP asks the community to please come together and support one-another in this impossibly difficult time."
Support is here if you need it. The following services are available here in Golden:
- The BC Crisis line, 1-800-784-2433 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Kids Help Phone, provides anyone under 20 with professional counselling or advice, 1-800-668-6868 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Community Based Counselling and Support Services at the Golden Family Centre, 250-344-2000 (Monday - Friday)
- Police Based Victim Services, 250-344-3920 (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
- Local RCMP Detachment, 250-344-2221 (non-emergency calls)
- Call 911 in case of an emergency (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
As the incident is still under investigation, no further information is available at this time.
Cst. Kat RobinsonMedia Relations Officer
1419 11th Ave N Golden BC V0A 1H0
- Date modified: