Weekly report - June 12, 2022 to June 20, 2022
2022-06-20 15:03 PDT
Creston RCMP received 89 calls for service from June 12, 2022 to June 20, 2022.
June 12, 2022
- Received a report of bovines on the loose.
June 13, 2022
- Took a report regarding a neighbour dispute.
- Attended a disturbance between two males regarding property.
- Received a report of a drone being near a home.
- Attended a report of a suicidal woman. An officer apprehended the woman and brought her to the hospital where she received medical treatment.
June 14, 2022
- Assisted Cranbrook RCMP with a fraud investigation.
- Received a report of a shoplifter.
June 15, 2022
- Received a report of theft of liquor.
- Received a report of an unwanted man.
- A suspect was arrested for assault and was released with conditions.
Creston RCMP a requesting the public’s assistance in identifying a shoplifting suspect on Creston RCMP file 2022-1580. If you can identify this person please call the Creston RCMP at 250-428-9313.
Link to larger photo: woman wearing a blue baseball hat and black bikini top
June 16, 2022
- A suspect broke into a local hotel room and attempted to stay the night. The suspect was discovered and fled when he was told the police were coming. The suspect was later identified, arrested and the investigation is continuing, he has not yet been charged.
- Received a report of teens possibly drinking in a park.
- Received a report of a female screaming
Get out! Get out!from a house with music blaring. Members attended locating a happy and intoxicated couple jamming out to AC/DC’s Back in Black album. Both were safe and thoroughly enjoying themselves and AC/DC.
June 17, 2022
- Officers attended a mental health call and ensure the party received medical attention.
- Attended a panic alarm that was deemed false.
- Assisted the SPCA with executing a warrant to seize animals.
- Received a 911 call from a man who believed his car was stolen. It was later determined that he got lost and found his vehicle a short distance away.
June 18, 2022
- Attended an attempted a break and enter where the suspect attempted to gain entry by tearing a screen but no entry was gained
- Officers attended a break and enter. The suspect entered a residence through an unlocked door. The home owners scared the suspect off who then fled the area. A police dog was deployed but was unable to locate the suspect.
- Received a report of online fraud.
June 19, 2022
- Attended a report of a nude person yelling in Riondel. Officers were unable to locate the nude person or anyone yelling.
- On Creston Police file 2022-1563 officers assisted Fort St. John RCMP with locating and arresting Dennis Jensen for an outstanding warrant. Jensen was held in custody and released by the courts on multiple conditions.
June 20, 2022
- Officers located an unlicensed driver on the road. The vehicle was impounded and the driver was issued Motor Vehicle Act Fines.
- A man was arrested for performing an Indecent Act. Creston RCMP is working with the BC Prosecution Service for assessment of appropriate charges. There is no public safety concern.
- Received a report of an abandon vehicle and after investigation it was determined the vehicle was legally being stored that the location.
Cst. Brett Urano
- Date modified: