Elk Valley Media Brief - Media Report
2021-10-15 14:12 PDT
File # Elk Valley Media Brief - Media Report
Break and Enter, City Box Storage, Fernie, B.C.
Elk Valley RCMPolice File No.: 2021-2562
On August 19th, 2021, sometime in the early afternoon, two suspects were seen on video pulling up and loading numerous various items into their truck, a grey GMC Sierra.
Elk Valley RCMPolice is asking the public assistance to identify the man and woman in these photographs. Please contact the Elk Valley RCMPolice at 250-425-6233 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477, if you have any information in relation to this incident.
Halloween safety and COVID-19 restrictions go together
Soon it will be Halloween and the Elk Valley RCMPolice wishes to advise the public that safety should be on the minds of everyone. There is an expectation the little ones will be still be out and about participating in this fun filled night.
The following tips are provided to assist with keeping the little ones safe:
• Ensure costumes do not impede with their ability to walk safely
• Ensure face coverings do not impede your Trick or Treater’s sight lines
• Do your best to keep the children on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
• Remember to stay in familiar neighborhoods.
• Only approach houses that have the outside lights tuned on.
• Carry a flashlight so you can see where you are going.
• Make sure your yard is clear of such things as ladders, hoses, dog leashes and flowerpots that can trip the young ones.
Please keep your speed down and be prepared to stop suddenly and without notice.
BCSPA have identified the following four tips to keep your pet safe on Halloween:
1. Keep your furry friend inside
2. Make sure your pet has updated ID
3. Keep the candy away from your pet
4. Avoid costuming your pet
For more information, please visit BC SPCA.bc.ca.
Additionally, with the newly issued BC Health orders effective September 13, 2021, people and businesses can be issued a violation ticket for non-compliance. If you choose to disregard safety orders, don’t be surprised to get a knock on your door from the RCMPolice , and they would not be looking from treats.
To stay updated and informed on Public Health Orders and guidelines go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/contentsafety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/gatherings-at-private-homes
- Date modified: