Police investigating break and enter series
2023-08-31 11:55 PDT
Surrey RCMP Property Crime Target Team is investigating following multiple break and enters to businesses in the South Surrey area.
There have been eight reports of break and enters / attempted break and enters to South Surrey businesses in the month of August, including:
- August 1, 2023 at 4:50 a.m. in the 15300-block of Croydon Drive;
- August 6, 2023 at 3:31 a.m. in the 16000-block of 24 Avenue;
- August 9, 2023 at 3:20 a.m. in the 16000-block of 24 Avenue;
- August 11, 2023 at 4:20 a.m. in the 15300-block of 24 Avenue;
- August 12, 2023 at 3:23 a.m. in the 12800-block of 16 Avenue;
- August 13, 2023 at 11:20 p.m. in the 1900-block of 152 Street;
- August 20, 2023 at 3:53 a.m. in the 15700-block of Croydon Drive; and
- August 31, 2023 at 3:44 a.m. in the 12200-block of Beecher Street.
All of the incidents involved a vehicle driven into a business to gain access. Investigators believe that the incidents are likely related due to the similar nature of the offences and geographical locations, however further evidence is required to conclusively link the occurrences.
During the incident on August 31, a white GMC pickup truck used to back into a business was left at the scene. The vehicle was seized by police for forensic examination. Investigators have confirmed the vehicle was stolen in Langley on August 30.
We recognize the impact incidents such as these have on businesses within our community, says Surrey RCMP Property Crime Target Team, Sergeant Jordan Davies.
Our team is actively working to identify the suspects so they can be held accountable.
Surrey RCMP offers services such as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) security assessments, information can be found on our website under business security.
Anyone with information about these incidents or video from the surrounding areas is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or www.solvecrime.ca.
Cpl. Vanessa MunnMedia Relations Officer
14355 57 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3X 1A9
- Date modified: