Charges approved in drug case
2023-02-09 14:52 PST
File # 2021-13162
Maple Ridge B.C.- One year after police notified the public of a 7-month drug investigation charges have been approved against three people.
In June of 2021, what started as a street level drug investigation, quickly grew to a multi-jurisdictional and multi-residential execution of search warrants. In February of 2022, the culmination of this investigation led to the Ridge Meadows Street Enforcement Unit (SEU) making the largest fentanyl drug seizure in Ridge Meadows RCMP history.
Read the February 2022 release here.
On January 30 2023, the Public Prosecution of Canada approved charges against three suspects in relation to this investigation. The charge information is as follows:
- Ms. April Dawn Fraser has been charged with the following offences:
- Nine counts of unlawfully trafficking in controlled substance.
- Mr. Daniel Kawaguchi Johnson has been charged with the following offence:
- One count of unlawful trafficking in a controlled substance.
- Mr. Alen Kadunic has been charged with the following offences:
- Eight counts of unlawful possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.
The next court appearance will be on March 1st, 2023 in New Westminster.
Cpl. Julie KlaussnerMedia Relations Officer
Ridge Meadows RCMP
11990 Haney Place Maple Ridge, BC V2X 9B8
- Date modified: