2019-10-15 13:31 PDT
File # 2019-IMPACT
Operation IMPACT touched down in Langley last week with a focus on increasing road safety. Officers concentrated their efforts on ensuring motorists arrived at their Thanksgiving destination safely.
#OperationImpact is a National Traffic Safety Initiative and the following results were recorded….
- Nine impaired drivers apprehended (Six 90-day IRP's, two 3-day IRP's, and one 12-hr suspension for an L Driver)
- 26 cell phone tickets, with a $368 fine and 4 demerits
- 22 speeding tickets, including 9 in school zones
- 16 seatbelt tickets
- 12 intersection-related tickets (red lights, stop signs, fail to yield)
- Four drive without due care or consideration for others
- Two drivers found operating while prohibited.
- 45 other violation tickets
Sergeant Matthew LaBelle would like to thank the vast majority of motorists who followed the rules of the road, and got to their destinations safely. There were no reports of any serious-injury or fatal collisions during this period of increased enforcement. Sgt. LaBelle wants to remind drivers that with the changing weather, "Shift into Winter", and ensure their vehicles are ready for drastic weather changes. Ensure your tires are good, your window scraper is in your car, and think about what you would do if you became stranded.
Langley RCMP will continue to focus on improving road safety for all road users.
Cpl. Holly LargyMedia Relations Officer
Langley RCMP Detachment - "Connected with our Community"
langley.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
22180 - 48A Avenue, Langley, BC V3A 8B7
- Date modified: