Vehicle stop yields seizure of firearms and drugs
2021-07-08 11:38 PDT
File # 2021-24321
At 1:25 a.m. on July 5, 2021, a Frontline member conducting patrols in the area of Highway 97 and 15 Avenue observed a vehicle traveling above the posted speed limit. The police officer conducted a roadside stop with the vehicle and from his observations began an impaired driving investigation.
As a result of evidence located during the investigation, police arrested the driver for Possession of a Controlled Substance. A search of the driver and vehicle after the arrest located a loaded pistol, which was reported as stolen from the North Okanagan in 2020. Police also located cash, drugs and a bag full of ammunition.
Police transported the driver, identified as 40-year-old Prince George resident Kenneth Raymond Bishop, to the Prince George Detachment and held him for court. The B.C. Prosecution Service approved the following charges:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing it’s Possession is Unauthorized
- Transport of a Firearm in a Careless Manner
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
Mr. Bishop will remain in custody until his next court appearance.
If you have any information about this or any other criminal offence, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477 or online at www.northernbccrimestoppers.ca (English only). You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information that leads to an arrest or recovery of stolen property, you could be eligible for a cash reward.
Cst. Jennifer CooperCommunications NCO / Media Relations Officer
Prince George RCMP
455 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC, V2L 0B7
- Date modified: