Police seek witnesses to July 15th arsons
2021-07-19 12:40 PDT
File # 2021-20172
North Vancouver RCMP are seeking witnesses to a series of arsons that occurred between 12:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 15, 2021. One male suspect has been arrested in the case, and investigators are hoping to identify witnesses, particularly three witnesses who helped extinguish the first fire.
Frontline officers arrested a suspect near the scene of the fifth fire. While each fire caused varying degrees of property damage, thankfully no individuals were harmed as a result.
Investigators are now appealing to witnesses to come forward, including anyone who may have surveillance footage, in the hope of furthering the investigation.
Click here for larger image
The series of fires
Approximately 12:50 a.m., July 15, 2021
- Newspaper box on Lonsdale Ave. at 14th St. (Investigators are hoping to identify three witnesses who were at the scene around the time of this fire)
Approximately 12:55 a.m., July 15, 2021
- Garbage can on Lonsdale Ave. at 14th St.
Approximately 5:30 p.m., July 15, 2021
- Dumpster in the alley West of Lonsdale Ave. between W. 1st St. and W. 2nd St.
Approximately 6:00 p.m., July 15, 2021
- Dumpster in the underground parkade at 150 W. Esplanade
Approximately 6:45 p.m., July 15, 2021
- Air conditioner unit outside a building at 123 Carrie Cates Court
Anyone with information or surveillance footage is asked to contact Cpl. Adrian Bissenden of the North Vancouver RCMP Major Crimes unit at 604-969-7572.
Sgt. Peter DeVriesMedia Relations Officer
North Vancouver RCMP
nvan.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
147 East 14th St, North Van., BC, V7L 2N4
- Date modified: