Six days, six impounds
Comox Valley, This Is What We Do
2020-05-29 09:21 PDT
The Comox Valley RCMP Municipal Traffic Unit and frontline members have been busy impounding vehicles for excessive speeding in the Comox Valley. Between May 15th and May 20th, six drivers saw their vehicles impounded for seven days.
We are out in the Comox Valley looking for these excessive speeders said Cpl. Brad Matchett, Comox Valley RCMP Municipal Traffic Unit.
There have been fewer vehicles on our roads since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic; however, our commitment to keep the roads safe has not changed, nor have the consequences for driving dangerously he added.
Drivers were caught speeding in the following areas:
- Ryan Road, 107km/hr in 60km/hr zone (driver didn’t even have a driver’s licence)
- Inland Island Highway, 148km/hr in a 90km/hr zone
- Guthrie Road, 97km/hr in a 50km/hr zone
- Lazo Road, 115km/hr in a 50km/hr zone (riding a motorcycle without a motorcycle licence)
- Lazo Road, 107km/hr in a 50km/hr zone
- Anderton Road, 145km/hr in an 80km/hr zone (this new driver also earned himself a 3-day licence suspension as a result of his alcohol consumption)
In addition to the 7-day vehicle impound, the fine for excessive speed is between $368 and $483.
For more information on fines and points for traffic offences in BC, please visit: https://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/tickets/Pages/fines-points-offences.aspx
Cst. Monika TerragniMedia Relations Officer
Comox Valley RCMP
800 Ryan Rd, Courtenay, BC V9N 7T1
- Date modified: