Careers with the RCMP – Experienced Police Officer Program
Are you meant to be a Mountie? The BC RCMP is actively seeking experienced police officers from other Canadian police agencies to join now. There are many opportunities available to serve throughout beautiful B.C.
There is no other police force in Canada that provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP. With over 150 specializations a career with the RCMP is full of opportunity for continued learning and growth.
If you want to make a difference in your community and your country, explore what we have to offer.
Benefits of joining the RCMP as an Experienced Police Officer
- Anonymous – The process will be discreet and your current employer won’t be contacted without your prior knowledge.
- Salary – You will receive the same competitive benefits and pensions as all RCMP police officers.
- Career Options –Your posting will be based on your career interests, future goals and previous police experience. There are over 150 career specializations to choose from at the RCMP.
- Vacation – Your years of prior police service will be recognized for vacation entitlements
Application process for Experienced Police Officers
A step-by-step guide to patching over to the RCMP.
Step 1: Initial Inquiry
Contact the EPO Program at 778-290-3456 or Ediv_EPOprogram@rcmp-grc.gc.ca with an expression of interest and details about yourself.
Step 2: Intake Interview
A Recruiting officer will conduct an interview, review your police experience and plan for desired posts within BC. A posting will only be determined with your input and review by the Career Development and Resourcing Officer.
Step 3: Package Completion
You have two weeks (14 days) to complete the required paperwork.
Step 4: File Review
The Recruiting team will conduct an in-depth file review. Upon successful completion, the team will initiate medical and RCMP security clearance checks.
Step 5: Reference Checks
The Recruiting team will conduct interviews with Character and Employer references.
Step 6: EPO Training
Once hired, you will attend the RCMP Experienced Police Officer training at the Pacific Region Training Centre (Chilliwack) for 2-3 weeks to acquire knowledge of RCMP-specific procedures and tactics. Upon completion, you will begin your first posting.
To be eligible for the Experienced Police Officer Program you must:
- Have a minimum of two years full-time Canadian police service employment or equivalent;
- Have graduated from a police training program at a recognized Canadian police training institution (Canadian Armed Forces Military Police must have successfully completed the basic police training (Qualification Level 3) after January 1, 2001);
- Meet all qualifications and requirements of a Regular Member applicant;
- Work in British Columbia, Canada; and
- Must be actively serving or inactive within the last three years.
As part of the Experienced Police Officer Program application process, you will be required to complete the following assessments:
- Qualifications and Requirements
- Vision and Hearing examinations
- Suitability Interview (RMAQ Interview only)
- Prepare for the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test and 12 Week Fitness Program
- Second Language Evaluation (if applicable)
- Pre-employment Polygraph examination
- Health assessment (medical and psychological)
- Field Investigation and Security Clearance
We strongly encourage all experienced police officers who are interested in becoming a police officer with the RCMP to contact the Government of Canada Pension Centre to inquire about the transferability of your pension.
Employment history and pension portability is unique to each applicant. You must inquire directly with Government of Canada Pension Centre to determine your individual pension portability.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 16:00 (your local time)
Outside Canada and the United States: 1-506-533-5800 (collect calls accepted)
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 17:00 (Atlantic time)
Telephone Teletype (TTY): 1-506-533-5990 (collect calls accepted)
Website: Pension and benefits for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Contact the B.C. Experienced Police Officer Program
Email email@example.com to get started on the next chapter of your policing career.
- Date modified: