How do I access Coquitlam RCMP locations & services?
Front Counter Services
Customer service is our top priority and our front counter schedule has been designed to minimize your wait time. With the exception of the sex offender registry, property pick-up and fingerprinting; front counter services are also available at our community police stations in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
If the front counter is closed:
Call the non-emergency number at 604-945-1550, or
Use the intercom located to the left of the front door.
You may be able to file your crime report online. See Coquitlam RCMP's online crime reporting tool.
Find location and contact information for the main detachment office.
Please note the following:
- Hours of availability can be found here
The Coquitlam RCMP main detachment front counter is a cellphone free zone.
- Valid identification.
Applicants who can provide a valid combined BC Driver's License & Services Card do not need to provide a second piece of identification. Any applicant who does not provide a valid combined BC Driver's License & Services Card must present two pieces of government-issued identification. The first piece of ID must include the applicant’s name, birth date, signature and photo (i.e., driver's license, passport, BC ID Card). The second piece of ID must contain the applicant's name and birth date (i.e., BC Care Card, Birth Certificate, citizenship card).
- Identification that is not valid for front counter services.
SIN cards, credit cards, membership cards for any organization, transit passes, library cards.
- All front counter services are PST/GST exempt.
Services and Fees
- cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, certified cheque or money order (payable to the City of Coquitlam).
- For employment (applicants must complete a PIC form): $65
- For volunteer work (applicants must submit a letter from a registered non-profit volunteer organization or agency and complete a PIC form): Free
- If working or volunteering with the Vulnerable Sector (elderly, children, people with disabilities or addictions), the Vulnerable Sector portion of the PIC form must also be completed.
- Effective September 16, 2019: Passenger Directed Vehicle (must also complete the Vulnerable Sector portion of the PIC form): $65
- Request a Police Information Check form by email.
Monday to Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. $65
Please Note: Fingerprinting services are by appointment only, to book an appointment call 604-472-2728 . An additional fee of $25 Federal processing may be required.
Online buy and sell transactions are commonly used by many citizens. There are numerous benefits to online private commerce however, there are risks. Many people have become victims of crimes such as robberies, frauds and thefts when attempting to buy or sell property online. Coquitlam RCMP aims to increase public safety and reduce crime by giving people a place to conduct face to face transactions.
Coquitlam RCMP’s Exchange Zone is located at the Main Detachment (2986 Guildford way, Coquitlam) in front of the main entrance. The area is available to the public and under video surveillance 24/7.
Always be cautious. The Exchange Zone area is monitored by surveilled cameras however, the Exchange Zone and the recordings are not monitored 24/7. The detachment is open to the public during regular business hours which can be found here.
If you are unable to meet at our Exchange Zone, please consider completing your transaction in a well-lit, public area to avoid being a victim of crime.
If you are in immediate danger and require assistance you must call 9-1-1, for all other inquiries please call the non-emergency line at 604-945-1550.
Tips to protect yourself during a buy and sell exchange:
- Complete your transaction during daytime hours.
- Bring a family member or friend with you.
- Never complete a transaction by mail.
- Limit the amount of personal information you provide.
- Meet at a public location which is well-lit and busy.
- If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Date modified: