Citizen and Youth Police Academy
The 2022 Surrey RCMP Citizen and Youth Police Academy will be held from September 21 to November 16, 2022. Applications for the 2022 Citizen & Youth Police Academy are now closed. All applicants will be notified if they have been selected in early August.
What is the Citizen and and Youth Police Academy?
The Citizen and Youth Police Academy is a 9 week course designed to give Surrey residents and youth an inside look into policing. This interactive learning series aims to foster a better understanding between Surrey citizens and the RCMP and explore what the community can do together to enhance public safety.
Sessions are held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm from Sept 21 to Nov 16, 2022 at the Surrey RCMP Main Detachment.
The Academy will feature presentations and demonstrations by police officers and staff on a variety of topics including:
- Day in the life of a patrol officer
- Drugs and major crime
- Mental health and addictions
- Police Dog Services
- Traffic investigations
- Basic law and the court system
- Crime prevention
How to Apply
All applicants will be reviewed by the Surrey RCMP with selection based on the following criteria:
- Completed application form
- Resident, student, or business owner in Surrey
- Adults: 18 years of age or older
- Youth: Surrey student in grade 10, 11 or 12
- Complete and pass a criminal record check (no record or pending charges)
- Be eager to learn, engage and participate in the course
- Be available to attend all 9 sessions (Wednesdays 6:30-9:30 pm)
For more information email Surrey.CPA-EPA.Surrey@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: