Graduates! Celebrate Responsibly!
2023-06-21 13:47 PDT
Congratulations Graduates! Celebrate Responsibly!
Graduates, congratulations! You have worked hard and you deserve to celebrate your achievements! We at the RCMP are hopeful that you will look back on these next few weeks with the fondest of memories for years to come.
We would like to take this opportunity to not only congratulate you, but also remind you, that although we are sure you would love to invite us as your party guests, (trust us some of us are pretty great dancers), we don’t need an invitation to come.
Don’t forget these very important reminders:
- The age of majority in BC is 19 years (under 19 = a minor),
- It is illegal for a minor to be found in possession of liquor,
- It is illegal (for anyone) to consume alcohol in public,
- It is illegal to have open liquor in a motor vehicle (including a bus or limo),
- It is illegal to purchase/provide liquor to a minor,
- You may be arrested for being intoxicated in a public place.
- You may be arrested for Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle if you are under the influence of any intoxicating substance (not restricted to alcohol),
- It is illegal to be found in possession of any illegal drug not listed in the subsection 56(1) CDSA class exemption, including prescription medication which is not prescribed to you.
If you host a party:
- You may be subject to City Noise Bylaws infraction tickets. These fines are issued to the home owner, so even if mom and dad are not home for the party, they may still get the bill.
Cst. Karen WhitbyMedia Relations Officer
Sunshine Coast RCMP
5800 Teredo St. Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0
Website: bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/sunshinecoast (English only)
- Date modified: